Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Time to BLOG!

Hello! After watching my husband and oldest daughter blog for a while now, I decided that it is my turn. I am always saying to myself, "I need to Blog about that!" and I finally broke down and got Katy to set up a Blog for me. Most of my musings will be about God, motherhood and life at home with my husband (a pastor) and my four kids who are 17, almost 14, 6 and 6. I hope to take you along with me on my journey. I believe that it is never too late to stop learning and I will share the things I learn. Hopefully they will help someone besides just me.
Keeping a blog is something I believe God is calling me to do in 2012. I love to read the Bible and all kinds of books and share things about them. I enjoy watching old and thought provoking movies. I am not really a fan of TV except for I Love Lucy, or some other old show that has been off the air for many years.
Galatians 6:9 is one of my favorite verses for obvious reasons, I suppose. It is a verse many Christian parents cannot live without. I have it posted in many rooms in my home. Raising children is often a thankless job for many years and sometimes the "harvest" comes long after the "seeds" have been sown. Many times people expect a harvest when they never planted the seeds. Maybe they handed the seeds to someone else...but did they get planted? You only know when the harvest comes.
Galatians 6:9 can apply in many areas of life, not just parenthood, but that is where I am right now. Many people can apply it in other areas. However we apply it. Diligence and perseverance are an important part of the Christian life. I give up a lot. I start many new projects and quit before I reap the rewards. I really want to finish strong in the important stuff and not major on the minors. That is my focus for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment